Well-chosen jewelry can enhance virtually every outfit for any type of occasion -- but only if chosen wisely! Whether you are a young, ambitious professional looking to add a bit of distinctive flair to your business attire, an outgoing socialite hoping to make a visual splash, or a dedicated relative headed off to a long-awaited family event, you can find the jewelry you need to complete your look here at Blue Moon & Co. (And let's be honest, most of us alternative fluidly between all three of these roles, in addition to many others!)
Still struggling to decide exactly which jewelry is right for your current outfit? Here are a few tips that you might find useful:
1. Less is More.
Regardless of what type of event you may be dressing for, a jewelry overload is one of the most common mistakes that you should be wary of. One accent piece, accompanied by several more traditional/conservative pieces, is usually a good formula to follow.
Wearing too many highly attention-catching pieces at the same time, after all has an unfortunate way of making you look over-dressed at informal events and/or tacky at formal events! To paraphrase the blunt yet realistic advice of one fashion magazine, “try not to look like you are a little kid playing dress up with your mom’s jewels!”
1. Take Your Hairstyle Into Account
Smart jewelry choices are based upon personalized elements of your look such as clothing and footwear. Though it doesn't take a fashionista to realize that consistent color schemes and stylistically complimentary bijouterie can add significantly to an outfit, one factor that is frequently overlooked is hairstyle.
Here are a few tips that can help you match your hairstyle to an appropriate jewelry choice:
- Up dos and pixie cuts do not provide much facial framing--which means dangle earrings are the perfect compliment to this currently popular hairstyle.
- Half-Up hairstyles provide framing while still leaving the ears exposed visually,thus making these cuts the perfect compliment to small and sophisticated stud earrings.
- Wearing your hair down? Cluster earrings are large enough to get notices yet still highly practical for this style. (Dangle earrings, as many people have learned the hard way, can get tangled in loose hair far too easily.)
- Braids, Ponytails, buns, and other ties are perfect for long drop down earrings,as this provides another smart balance between framing and practicality.
1. A Matter of Formality
As we have mentioned before on this blog, the social situation in which jewelry will be worn should always be taken into account. Though some pieces are truly versatile, there is no denying that multi-carat diamond necklaces should probably be reserved for high-end, evening/night events, for example! On the other side of the equation, those fun,
multi-colored novelty pieces are a perfectly playful and inexpensive option for daytime summer fun!
Shopping for jewelry and still looking for a bit of inspiration? Check out our full selection of jewelry for every occasion and Blue Moon and Co online